Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro for Multiple Spreadsheets

Is it possible to do a macro to update information between the
following situation.

1 - Journal Spreadsheet - same every week - needs to be updated in
cells J2, J5, J8, etc.
every 3rd cell with information from spreadsheet 2.
2 - Payroll Spreadsheet - different every week - information in column
H - cells H13, H14, H15 update cells in spreadsheet 1 - i.e. H13 to
J2, H14 to J5, H15 to J8, etc.

When the new payroll spreadsheet (spreadsheet 3) comes into play, it
has a different name because of the date i.e. Payroll 2-15-08 - my
macro only works from Spreadsheet 1 to Spreadsheet 2 - when
Spreadsheet 3 comes into play - is there a way to do a macro to use
this new information to go into ss 1 - the Journal? Can this be done
when it has a new name (different date)?

I know about the + and = signs - to update/change information from one
spreadsheet to another - that is how I wrote my first macro. The
cells we need to use for the updated information are in the same
location every week.

Any help would be appreciated - or suggestions on how to do
different! Thank you!