-   -   Linking Data from Rows to Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178324-linking-data-rows-columns.html)

jeffmp21

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

In the first sheet titled "Budget Entry" I have data that starts in row b39
and continues out for several hundred columns. I need this data in a second
sheet titled Classreport starting in cell C3 and proceeding down the column
for a corresponding number of rows. Obviously I could use "=" but this
would take a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately we are still using
excel 2000. Is this possible? Thank you!

JP[_4_]

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

Highlight the cells, right-click and choose "Copy", select the Classreport
sheet, cell C3, rightclick and choose "Paste Special", select the "Transpose"
button. This should do what you want.

HTH,
JP

"jeffmp21" wrote:

In the first sheet titled "Budget Entry" I have data that starts in row b39
and continues out for several hundred columns. I need this data in a second
sheet titled Classreport starting in cell C3 and proceeding down the column
for a corresponding number of rows. Obviously I could use "=" but this
would take a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately we are still using
excel 2000. Is this possible? Thank you!

Bernie Deitrick

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

Jeff,

In Classreport, cell C3, enter the formula

=OFFSET('Budget Entry'!$B$39,0,ROW()-3)

and copy down for as many rows as you need.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jeffmp21" wrote in message
In the first sheet titled "Budget Entry" I have data that starts in row b39
and continues out for several hundred columns. I need this data in a second
sheet titled Classreport starting in cell C3 and proceeding down the column
for a corresponding number of rows. Obviously I could use "=" but this
would take a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately we are still using
excel 2000. Is this possible? Thank you!

Tyro[_2_]

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

Enter this in C3 and drag down until the number in the ROW function equals
the number of columns you have: =OFFSET($B$39,0,ROW(1:1)-1)

Tyro

"jeffmp21" wrote in message
In the first sheet titled "Budget Entry" I have data that starts in row
b39
and continues out for several hundred columns. I need this data in a
second
sheet titled Classreport starting in cell C3 and proceeding down the
column
for a corresponding number of rows. Obviously I could use "=" but this
would take a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately we are still
using
excel 2000. Is this possible? Thank you!

jeffmp21

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

Thank you it works great!

"jeffmp21" wrote in message
In the first sheet titled "Budget Entry" I have data that starts in row b39
and continues out for several hundred columns. I need this data in a second
sheet titled Classreport starting in cell C3 and proceeding down the column
for a corresponding number of rows. Obviously I could use "=" but this
would take a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately we are still using
excel 2000. Is this possible? Thank you!

Gord Dibben

Linking Data from Rows to Columns

What I want to know is how you get "several hundred columns" using Excel 2000?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:45:03 -0800, jeffmp21
wrote:

Thank you it works great!