-   -   Counting The Number of Employees (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178296-counting-number-employees.html)

Matlock

Counting The Number of Employees

Howdy,

I'd like to know is there is a formula to counting the number of Employees I
have. Each cell though, has a formula in it, to display the name of the
Employee.

Basicly, it needs to count the number of names listed, and not the formulas
in the cells.

I have been using =COUNTIF(R5:X5,"0") to count the number of days an
employee works, but not sure hot to configure it to count the names, if even
possible.

JLatham

Counting The Number of Employees

Try this (using proper range for your list of names, I've assumed in column B)
=COUNTIF(B1:B99,"=A")