-   -   Error message help with linked worbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178145-error-message-help-linked-worbook.html)

Mifty

Error message help with linked worbook

Hi everyone,

I've got 2 workbooks that are linked by a sumproduct function. The data
workbook is 6420kb and the calc workbook is 770kb.

When I open the calc workbook I get the following error message -

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data
or close other applications.

Once I click ok it opens the workbook and calculates as normal.

I don't have any other apps open and no volatile funcs.

Can anyone expalin please.

Also when I'm using two workbooks like this should I open the data wkbk
before opening the calc one or does it not matter

Cheers

--
Mifty