-   -   problem with links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177847-problem-links.html)

[email protected]

problem with links

Whenever I open my workbook I get the message "This workbook contains
one or more links that cannot be updated." Then I click "Edit Links"
and there is only one link to another workbook. The status for that
workbook reads "OK". Is there something I should be doing? Is there
any way to get this message to stop coming up? I don't want to get
the message anymore, but I want the links to automatically update the
information. What should I do? Thank you. Daryl

Bill Ridgeway

problem with links

I think I have had this problem some while ago which resolved to a link to a
non-existent external file. To check this -
Go to a free area in a worksheet (or open a new worksheet)
Click on <Insert<Name<Paste<Paste Label
which will produce a list of all links. Check the list for any references
that are bad.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions