-   -   Change of field separator (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1778-change-field-separator.html)

Janepige

Change of field separator

When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one column. Can anyone tell
me, where I change my set up, so I get another field separator? Please be
specific, because my Excel is a Danish version, and sometimes I have a hard
time following the English instructions. Thanks!

Jane

Frank Kabel

Hi
you specify this in the Windows regional settings. Another idea:
- rename your *.csv file to a *.txt file
- now open it with excel. The Import wizard should appear and should allow
you to specify a different delimiter