-   -   vlookup or match function across worksheets ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177799-vlookup-match-function-across-worksheets.html)

Ant[_4_]

vlookup or match function across worksheets ?

For example I have 15 worksheets in an excel workbook named A through
N. I am looking for the values in worksheet A, Cell A1 (through
A250) across worksheets B through N and return the worksheet name
that the value exists in. (Worksheet C for example) The first or any
exact match is fine. If it doesn't exist #N/A is also fine I can work
with the errors returned myself.

Is this possible? If the worksheet name is too difficult then any
valid result (complete path to cell?) is sufficient.

Thank you

T. Valko

vlookup or match function across worksheets ?

Is this possible?

Yes

On sheets B:N, where might the lookup_value be located?

Also, just to confirm, your sheet names *REALLY* are B, C, D, E,.....N?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ant" wrote in message
For example I have 15 worksheets in an excel workbook named A through
N. I am looking for the values in worksheet A, Cell A1 (through
A250) across worksheets B through N and return the worksheet name
that the value exists in. (Worksheet C for example) The first or any
exact match is fine. If it doesn't exist #N/A is also fine I can work
with the errors returned myself.

Is this possible? If the worksheet name is too difficult then any
valid result (complete path to cell?) is sufficient.

Thank you

Herbert Seidenberg

vlookup or match function across worksheets ?

With defined names:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3chcf

Herbert Seidenberg

vlookup or match function across worksheets ?

Added Macro
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3chfk

T. Valko

vlookup or match function across worksheets ?

What's the defined name "vowel" for?

Looks like it's a "leftover" and was used to generate your random data.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

On Feb 25, 11:30 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
What's the defined name "vowel" for?

Looks like it's a "leftover" and was used to generate your random data.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote in message

With defined names:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3chcf

Thank you all very much, this was exactly what I needed.