-   -   format number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177795-format-number.html)

CB[_2_]

format number

Is is possible to format cells to drop the last digit of a number yet keep
the value?

If I have a cell that contains 220, I want the cell to display 22, yet I
want to be able to chart the value of 220.

Can this be done?

Dave Peterson

format number

Have you thought about just using an extra column?

Use one column for the value to display and one column for the value to chart.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

format number

You could even hide the column that's used for charting.

CB wrote:

Is is possible to format cells to drop the last digit of a number yet keep
the value?

If I have a cell that contains 220, I want the cell to display 22, yet I
want to be able to chart the value of 220.

Can this be done?

--

Dave Peterson

CB[_2_]

format number

Hi Dave,
I had already thought of this, however was hoping that the format number
would allow this formating as well.
Thanks,
CB

CB wrote:

Is is possible to format cells to drop the last digit of a number yet keep
the value?

If I have a cell that contains 220, I want the cell to display 22, yet I
want to be able to chart the value of 220.

Can this be done?

--

Dave Peterson

Ron Rosenfeld

format number

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:11:03 -0800, CB wrote:

Hi Dave,
I had already thought of this, however was hoping that the format number
would allow this formating as well.
Thanks,
CB

As far as I know, formatting does not allow this style.
--ron