-   -   sum column D based on column A (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177754-sum-column-d-based-column.html)

Anthony

sum column D based on column A

I have a worksheet having claim numbers in column A invoice numbers in column
B and invoice amoiunts in column D. A single claim may have one or more
invoices

How can I have claim totals/sum/amount in column M?(Prefarably in the same
row as the last invoice for each claim)

Roger Govier[_3_]

sum column D based on column A

Hi Anthony

Try
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,A1)=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$12,A1),SU MIF($A$1:$A$12,A1,$D$1:$D$12),"")

Amend ranges to suit
--
Regards
Roger Govier