-   -   Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177649-unable-access-msn-money-central-stock-quotes-add-excel.html)

Blackgrasswren

Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Excel

I used to have this add-in working in my spreadsheets and then it stopped
giving the quotes (just showed XXXX) although the toolbar was still there. I
uninstalled the program then reinstalled by downloading from Microsoft
website.
My system shows the folder MSN StockQuotes in the Program Files of the hard
drive. But the program does not show in All Programs nor does the Toolbar
appear when I open Excel.
(I have Windows XP Home 2002)

Thanks for any help.

Don Guillett

Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Excel

goto

and look in the files section. There are several free files.
I have a couple of free files under author donalb36

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Blackgrasswren" wrote in message
I used to have this add-in working in my spreadsheets and then it stopped
giving the quotes (just showed XXXX) although the toolbar was still there.
uninstalled the program then reinstalled by downloading from Microsoft
website.
My system shows the folder MSN StockQuotes in the Program Files of the
hard
drive. But the program does not show in All Programs nor does the Toolbar
appear when I open Excel.
(I have Windows XP Home 2002)

Thanks for any help.

hawleyj

Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Ex

Hi
I am having the same problem. Any chance you can help get the msn
stockquotes problem resolved. Have nothing against your files but would
prefer to fix the original problem before examing alternatives.
Jim Hawley

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Bill Sharpe

hawleyj wrote:
Hi
I am having the same problem. Any chance you can help get the msn
stockquotes problem resolved. Have nothing against your files but would
prefer to fix the original problem before examing alternatives.
Jim Hawley

In Excel 2003, Tools / Add-Ins.
Check the box for the Stock Quote Add-In. If it's not listed, browse for
the installation you downloaded.

In Excel 2007, click the big Office button, select Excel options at the
bottom, and look for Add-Ins on the left.

Bill

Gord Dibben

Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Ex

I don't believe the MSN Stock Quotations Add-in is available for 2007.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben wrote:
I don't believe the MSN Stock Quotations Add-in is available for 2007.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

This add-in is working in my Excel 2007. Its toolbar shows up on the
add-ins tab.

I realize the MS web page states that the add-in only applies to Excel
2002 and 2003.

Bill

Gord Dibben

Unable to access MSN Money Central Stock Quotes Add- In for Ex

Thanks for the update Bill.

Do not use 2007 but posted erroneous info based on the grapevine.

Gord