-   -   Changing the default color of Grid Lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177638-changing-default-color-grid-lines.html)

FARAZ QURESHI

Changing the default color of Grid Lines

I want to change the gridlines' by default to be changed to Pale Blue color.

Any Idea?

T. Valko

Changing the default color of Grid Lines

If you want the colored gridlines to be the default for *every new
workbook*:

Open a new workbook
Goto ToolsOptionsView tabGridlines color
Select the desired color
OK out

Save this file as your default:
Goto FileSave As
File name: Book
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Save in: your XLStart directory

Where that is on your computer I don't know. On my machine its path is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I want to change the gridlines' by default to be changed to Pale Blue
color.

Any Idea?

FARAZ QURESHI

Changing the default color of Grid Lines

XLent!!

Thanx Pal! It was in Office12!

It means I can make all such changes for future as default settings?

"T. Valko" wrote:

If you want the colored gridlines to be the default for *every new
workbook*:

Open a new workbook
Goto ToolsOptionsView tabGridlines color
Select the desired color
OK out

Save this file as your default:
Goto FileSave As
File name: Book
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Save in: your XLStart directory

Where that is on your computer I don't know. On my machine its path is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I want to change the gridlines' by default to be changed to Pale Blue
color.

Any Idea?

Gord Dibben

Changing the default color of Grid Lines

Default is generally

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:06:15 -0500, "T. Valko" wrote:

If you want the colored gridlines to be the default for *every new
workbook*:

Open a new workbook
Goto ToolsOptionsView tabGridlines color
Select the desired color
OK out

Save this file as your default:
Goto FileSave As
File name: Book
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Save in: your XLStart directory

Where that is on your computer I don't know. On my machine its path is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart

T. Valko

Changing the default color of Grid Lines

It means I can make all such changes for future as default settings?

Yes