-   -   How do I activate sort in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17760-how-do-i-activate-sort-excel.html)

[email protected]

How do I activate sort in Excel?

I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these
worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it.
How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!!

CyberTaz

The only time I have ever seen the A-Z or Z-A buttons dimmed is when editing
cell content. Make sure the word 'Ready' appears at the left end of the
Status Bar, and not the word 'Enter' or 'Edit'.

If this doesn't help, please post back with more specific detail including
version.

LOL |:)