-   -   Woorkbook toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177394-woorkbook-toolbar.html)

Question Boy

Woorkbook toolbar

Hello,

I tried creating a custom toolbar for a workbook with a button to execute a
macro. It appeared to be working but now I notice that once the workbook is
used once the toolbar appears in Excel for all other workbooks? I only want
it attached to the selected workbook in question which I thought was the
point of doing the attach part of the toolbar creation. What am I missing?

Thank you,

QB

Question Boy

Woorkbook toolbar

I did some reading/searching online and found info where I needed to create
an BeforeClose event that deletes the CommandBar before closing the workbook.

Is this the right approach? If it is attached to the workbook why should I
delete it everytime it it used? I figure I am missing something simple.

Thank you,

QB

"Question Boy" wrote:

Hello,

I tried creating a custom toolbar for a workbook with a button to execute a
macro. It appeared to be working but now I notice that once the workbook is
used once the toolbar appears in Excel for all other workbooks? I only want
it attached to the selected workbook in question which I thought was the
point of doing the attach part of the toolbar creation. What am I missing?

Thank you,

QB

Jim Thomlinson

Woorkbook toolbar

That is how I do it. You create the toolbar on open and delete it on close.
Moreover you hide it when the user selects a different workbook and make it
visible when they return. It is not really that bad to do but you can't just
record a macro to do it. Check out this link on events programming...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx
And this one on commandbars...
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm
--