-   -   Excel 2007/2003 Pivottable compatibility (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177353-excel-2007-2003-pivottable-compatibility.html)

Michael Anderson

Excel 2007/2003 Pivottable compatibility

Hi

In Excel 2007, I have pivottables that read data from a SQL Server 2005
Analysis Services Cube. I am not able to work in the "2003 Compatability
Mode" because of the features required by the SSAS Cube. I just want to be
sure that when I save the workbook in the Excel 2003 format, that the data
will be correct. I notice that some of the formatting doesn't come across
correctly. According to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...672981033.aspx ("Working with
different PivotTable formats in Office Excel"), "Filter results may vary".
Does this mean that I can't trust the data?
--
Thank You in Advance,

Michael Anderson