-   -   duplicate rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177287-duplicate-rows.html)

Windy

duplicate rows

I have a spreadsheet containing multiple tabs of names and addresses. I
wantto have a master tab so I copied and pasted from tabs 2, 3, & 4 to tab 1.
I want to check tab 1 for duplicates and erase the duplicate lines. How can
I first find those duplicates so I can visually check them before I manually
erase them?

Dave Peterson

duplicate rows

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

duplicate rows

DataFilterAdvanced Filter Unique records only" and "copy to another location"
will leave you with one of each record.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP