-   -   Wrap Text Not Visible (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177153-wrap-text-not-visible.html)

Randy

Wrap Text Not Visible

Have wrap text turned on in a cell but can't seem to get the last line of
what I've written to show up in the cell no matter how much I expand the
cell. It's visible in the formula bar but not in the cell itself.

Thanks,
Randy

Sian

Wrap Text Not Visible

How large is your text? Only 1,024 display in a cell; up to 32,767 display
in the formula bar.

Bob I

Wrap Text Not Visible

At some point in the text prior to it not being visible press Alt-Enter

Randy wrote:

Have wrap text turned on in a cell but can't seem to get the last line of
what I've written to show up in the cell no matter how much I expand the
cell. It's visible in the formula bar but not in the cell itself.

Thanks,
Randy

Dave Peterson

Wrap Text Not Visible

If you add alt-enters to force new lines within the cell, then you can see lots
more than the documented 1024 characters.

--

Dave Peterson

Sian

Wrap Text Not Visible

Dave, I so wish I'd known that six months ago!

Randy wrote:

Have wrap text turned on in a cell but can't seem to get the last line of
what I've written to show up in the cell no matter how much I expand the
cell. It's visible in the formula bar but not in the cell itself.

Thanks,
Randy

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Wrap Text Not Visible

You've got to hang around the excel newsgroups more often <bg. This question
is asked lots of times per week!