-   -   rounding a month upwards , after using an =datedif fomula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177123-rounding-month-upwards-after-using-%3Ddatedif-fomula.html)

spudsnruf

rounding a month upwards , after using an =datedif fomula

I use formula to calculate numbe rof elapsed months between 2 dates..

=datedif(a1,b1,"m")....

but then want to round up to 1 month, in case the time elapsed is actually
less than 1 month within the =dated calcs.

Anyhelp please?

Thank you.

Mike H

rounding a month upwards , after using an =datedif fomula

Maybe

=MAX(1,DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m"))

Mike

"spudsnruf" wrote:

I use formula to calculate numbe rof elapsed months between 2 dates..

=datedif(a1,b1,"m")....

but then want to round up to 1 month, in case the time elapsed is actually
less than 1 month within the =dated calcs.

Anyhelp please?

Thank you.

spudsnruf

rounding a month upwards , after using an =datedif fomula

Thats spot on!. Thank you..dont suppose you can solve my other problem
....(cant blame me for trying!)

I have an =sumif formula, which I am trying to total 2 criteria...

1 is if payment was from a given customer...which i can do...
but then to also only add that payment from the given customer if payment
was received before a given date?.

Thanks v much anyway.

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=MAX(1,DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m"))

Mike

"spudsnruf" wrote:

I use formula to calculate numbe rof elapsed months between 2 dates..

=datedif(a1,b1,"m")....

but then want to round up to 1 month, in case the time elapsed is actually
less than 1 month within the =dated calcs.

Anyhelp please?

Thank you.

Roger Govier[_3_]

rounding a month upwards , after using an =datedif fomula

Hi

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$100="CustomerA")*($B$2:$B$100 <DATE(2008,2,19))
where Column A contains Customers and column B contains Dates.
Change ranges to suit
Change comparison's to cell values if required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"spudsnruf" wrote in message
Thats spot on!. Thank you..dont suppose you can solve my other problem
...(cant blame me for trying!)

I have an =sumif formula, which I am trying to total 2 criteria...

1 is if payment was from a given customer...which i can do...
but then to also only add that payment from the given customer if payment
was received before a given date?.

Thanks v much anyway.

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe