-   -   counting range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/176775-counting-range.html)

saman110 via OfficeKB.com

counting range

In column A I have numbers. How can I in column B start a count from 1 each
time that I get different number. For example:

What I have:

200
200
200
200
788
788
788
922
922
922
922

The result:

A B

200 1
200 2
200 3
200 4
788 1
788 2
788 3
922 1
922 2
922 3
922 4

RobN[_2_]

counting range

Put 1 in B1
and =IF(A2=A1,B1+1,1) in B2 and copy down.

Rob

"saman110 via OfficeKB.com" <u35670@uwe wrote in message
[...]

T. Valko

counting range

One way:

Numbers in the range A1:A11

Enter 1 in cell B1

Enter this frmula in B2 and copy down to B11:

=IF(A2=A1,B1+1,1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

[...]