-   -   How to limit number of rows Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17671-how-limit-number-rows-excel.html)

Surreal

How to limit number of rows Excel?

I want to be able to hit "end of page" (CTRL END) and have it go no further
than row 100 and column AZ but i cannot figure out how to do it.

Kassie

Ctrl end takes you to the bottom right hand of your sheet. If you have data
extending beyond that, Ctrl End will take you beyond that. Try Ctrl G, type
in AZ100
and hit Enter

"Surreal" wrote:

I want to be able to hit "end of page" (CTRL END) and have it go no further
than row 100 and column AZ but i cannot figure out how to do it.

Kassie

sorry, you can also record a little macro, assign something like Ctrl e as
shortcut key, and in this way go there.

Sub Macro1()
Application.Goto Reference:="R100C52"
End Sub

"Surreal" wrote:

I want to be able to hit "end of page" (CTRL END) and have it go no further
than row 100 and column AZ but i cannot figure out how to do it.

Dave Peterson

If you're going to far to the right or too far down, it could be because excel
sees your used range as more than you see it.

Debra Dalgleish has some techniques for resetting the last used cell at:

--

Dave Peterson

Don S

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 04:29:04 -0800, "Surreal"
wrote:

I want to be able to hit "end of page" (CTRL END) and have it go no further
than row 100 and column AZ but i cannot figure out how to do it.

You can hide the rows and columns you won't be using. Just select
(place your cursor in the beginnging row to hide) hold down the shift
key and press end+down arrow. Then format / rows / hide. Do the same
for columns.

I use this a lot to define where my worksheets stop so I don't go
paging all over the place for data not in view.

Don S