-   -   Entering Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/176582-entering-data.html)

need help

Entering Data

I have a worksheet that I use every week at work that requires a column to
have either a + or a - in it. I've changed the formatting for this column to
general, text and even special. It always wants to add or subtract from
whatever cell I click next. I've spoken to a couple of other people and they
do not share this problem. Is there something that I'm not doing correctly?
Suggestions?

Yanick

Entering Data

You can add a single quote before your + or - sign. ( '+ or '-)

The single quote will not be visible unless you click in the cell.
--
Yanick