-   -   Why does excel not see more than 1000 lines in filter mode? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1763-why-does-excel-not-see-more-than-1000-lines-filter-mode.html)

Abdullah Kajee

Why does excel not see more than 1000 lines in filter mode?

In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores values
below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a program error.

Ben McBen

Some more context would be useful - are you talking about
in formulas? SOme example please

Alan

"Abdullah Kajee" <Abdullah wrote in
message ...

In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores
values below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a
program error.

Neither.

That is the built in limit I believe.

Alan.

Mark Rosenkrantz

It is the limit in Excel.

--
-------------------------
Rosenkrantz Spreadsheet Solutions

"Alan" wrote in message
"Abdullah Kajee" <Abdullah wrote in
message ...

In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores
values below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a
program error.

Neither.

That is the built in limit I believe.

Alan.

Harald Staff

Hi

Excel's autofilter dropdowns will display the first 1000 unique items to
choose from. That is a design choice and a limitation you have to deal with.
But autofilter will work fine with lists of any length or count, so those
values are not ignored. Try a Top 10 filter and you will get the ten
greatest values, whether they are in the dropdown or not.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Abdullah Kajee" <Abdullah skrev i melding
In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores

values
below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a program error.

Jim Rech

1000 items is the limit of Autofilter.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Abdullah Kajee" <Abdullah wrote in message
| In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores
values
| below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a program error.

Debra Dalgleish

An AutoFilter list will only show 1000 unique values, and there's no way
to increase that limit. However, there are a few workarounds he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Abdullah Kajee wrote:
In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores values
below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a program error.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Alan Beban

Abdullah Kajee wrote:
In large spreadsheets more than 1000 rows, I find that Excel ignores values
below the 1000th row? Am I doing someting wrong or is it a program error.

You might want to consider the ArrayRowFilter1 function in the freely
downloadable file at http://home.pacbell.net/beban

Alan Beban