-   -   Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/176260-change-email-icon-excel-2007-point-winmail.html)

Doug

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

The basic Office 2007 does not include Outlook. The email icon in the excel
quicklaunch bar does nothing. Is it possible to have this icon linl to
Vista's Windows Mail?
--
Doug

Roger Govier[_3_]

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

Hi Doug

as far as I am aware, all version of Office 2007 include Outlook 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...656051033.aspx

Insert your CD and try re-installing Outlook.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Doug" wrote in message
The basic Office 2007 does not include Outlook. The email icon in the
excel
quicklaunch bar does nothing. Is it possible to have this icon linl to
Vista's Windows Mail?
--
Doug

Bob I

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

Can you "Edit" the Icon contents? In 2003 you can, using "Customize".

Doug wrote:

The basic Office 2007 does not include Outlook. The email icon in the excel
quicklaunch bar does nothing. Is it possible to have this icon linl to
Vista's Windows Mail?

Bob I

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

Nope, no Outlook in the "Home and Student" version.

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Doug

as far as I am aware, all version of Office 2007 include Outlook 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...656051033.aspx

Insert your CD and try re-installing Outlook.

Ron de Bruin

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Doug" wrote in message ...
The basic Office 2007 does not include Outlook. The email icon in the excel
quicklaunch bar does nothing. Is it possible to have this icon linl to
Vista's Windows Mail?
--
Doug

Doug

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

Sorry. It is Office Home & Student. Doesn't have Outlook. Even if it did,
what if I prefer Windows Mail to Outlook. Why doesn't excel use the
Programs list from IE?
--
Doug

"Doug" wrote in message
The basic Office 2007 does not include Outlook. The email icon in the
excel
quicklaunch bar does nothing. Is it possible to have this icon linl to
Vista's Windows Mail?
--
Doug

Roger Govier[_3_]

Change email icon in Excel 2007 to point to Winmail

Hi Doug

I was unaware that Home & Student edition does not have Outlook.
It does seem strange that Outlook is not included, and that no other option
is given.
Googling for this problem gave several responses where it appears that
OneNote, which is also part of the package, does have the facility to send
emails.

http://tinyurl.com/2msk8b

--
Regards