-   -   How do I annualize a standard deviation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1762-how-do-i-annualize-standard-deviation.html)

NIKU

How do I annualize a standard deviation

Given my data and assuming 260 trading days per year, what are the
annualized standard deviations appropriate for assessing the risk on a 1
year investment.
"I have a spreadsheet with historical data"

Ben McBen

Good info he

www.ucd.ie/statdept/shanewhelan/
actinvest/pmadditionalread.doc

(Space intentional)

ttfn benm

To all friends,

This file contains virus.

Don't do this to your friends. It is very unethical.

Please keep this forum sacred.

to annualise SD, just use your daily SD multiply by SQRT
(260).
Hope this helps.