-   -   Sorting by code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/176082-sorting-code.html)

Jay

Sorting by code

I have a spreadsheet with all the reports and studies, under the coloum
coding, I classify them as BS- for building structure, WA- water, SW -
sidewalk, TE - telecommunication. Some of the reports has 2 to 3 coding
listed on it, so I place such code and separate them using comma - BS, WA,
TE.

I s there any way or maybe a macro that I can sort my reports by individual
code, like BS only or WA.

Dave Peterson

Sorting by code

Maybe you don't need to sort the data.

I'd add headers (if you don't have them already)
Then select the column with those codes and use
data|filter|autofilter

You can use the custom option and use Contains BS (for example).

--

Dave Peterson