sumif Question

I have two column of data like:

A B
A45 $345.68
A35 $23.96
G38 $457.98
A13 $670.01
G68 $43.82

How may I sum the Column B data only if the corresponding column A data is
started by G?

Thanks.

Jason

Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A5)="G"),B1:B5)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Jason" wrote:

I have two column of data like:

A B
A45 $345.68
A35 $23.96
G38 $457.98
A13 $670.01
G68 $43.82

How may I sum the Column B data only if the corresponding column A data is
started by G?

Thanks.

Jason

Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A100,1)="G"),B1:B100)

--

HTH

RP

"Jason" wrote in message
I have two column of data like:

A B
A45 $345.68
A35 $23.96
G38 $457.98
A13 $670.01
G68 $43.82

How may I sum the Column B data only if the corresponding column A data is
started by G?

Thanks.

Jason

Jason Morin

=SUMIF(A:A,"G*",B:B)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How may I sum the Column B data only if the

corresponding column A data is
started by G?

Thanks.

Jason