Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Default Scatter Plot with Trendline and equation

I have Excel 2003. How do I create a scatter plot with trendline and equation
defining the trendline. For example, if given the data points (0,1), (1,2),
(3,6), and (6,7), what do I do after entering the data points in Columns A
and B:

Column A Column B
0 1
1 2
3 6
6 7

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way is to put a series title at the head of column B above your
date (but not at the head of column A, so leave that cell blank).
Select the range, with the blank at the head of column A as your top--left
corner, and the 7 at the foot of column B as the bottim-right.
Choose Insert/ Chart, select XY scatter and the appropriate sub-type, with
or without lines between points, with or without point markers, step though
the rest of the options changing anything you want to change. That will
give you the chart.
If you want to add a trendline, just right-click the series on the chart and
choose "Add Trendline"; under Options you can choose to display the
equation on the chart..
--
David Biddulph