-   -   combine column data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175640-combine-column-data.html)

Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com

combine column data

I would like to take to column named 'strength' and 'strUnit' and combine the
values. When I select both columns and click merge both columns disappear. I
thought there might be a formula to combine the strings. Will you help me?
Misty

AKphidelt

combine column data

use &

For example

-------A--------B-------C
1--Michael---Jordan---=A1&" "&B1

Using the formula A1&" "&B1
would make C1 say Michael Jordan

"Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I would like to take to column named 'strength' and 'strUnit' and combine the
values. When I select both columns and click merge both columns disappear. I
thought there might be a formula to combine the strings. Will you help me?
Misty

Dave Peterson

combine column data

=a1&b1
or
=a1&" "&b1

Adjust the cells to the addresses for the first cell in each of those columns.

Then drag the formula down as far as you need.

"Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I would like to take to column named 'strength' and 'strUnit' and combine the
values. When I select both columns and click merge both columns disappear. I
thought there might be a formula to combine the strings. Will you help me?
Misty

Dave Peterson

Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com

combine column data