-   -   Sumproduct question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175545-sumproduct-question.html)

Chris

Sumproduct question

Hello,

I have this forumal:

=SUMPRODUCT((A5)*(N5="JS"))
easy enough this works fine.

My question is how on earth can I include another variable in this
formula? I would like the resulting value of this formula to be
divided by 2 if cell BU5 equals the number 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Dave Peterson

Sumproduct question

Maybe...
=(SUMPRODUCT(A5*(N5="JS"))) / (if(bu5=1,2,1))

or dropping the =sumproduct() <it isn't necessary
=(A5*(N5="JS")) / (if(bu5=1,2,1))

0r even:

=(A5*(N5="JS")) / (1+(bu5=1))

--