-   -   how to hide a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175435-how-hide-worksheet.html)

deepika :excel help[_2_]

how to hide a worksheet

i want to hide the last worksheet in my workbook. it contains formulas. need
not to be shown at any point of time.
is it possible....

Earl Kiosterud

how to hide a worksheet

deepika,

At the very least, you can hide the sheet with Format - Sheet - Hide. It can easily be
unhidden the same way You could also protect the sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect
workbook) to keep anyone from changing the formulas, should they discover the sheet., and
you can mark the formula cells hidden (Format - Protection - Hidden). Do that before you
protect the sheet. Or you can prevent unhiding the sheet with Tools - Protection -
Protect Workbook), though that disallows moving, adding, renaming etc. any sheets in the
workbook.

If you're into VBA, you may be able to use the veryhidden property, though I can't seem to
find it right now in xl2003 . With that, only a macro can unhide it. Unless it doesn't
apply to sheets. Don't remember. Still can't find it.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"deepika :excel help" wrote in message
i want to hide the last worksheet in my workbook. it contains formulas. need
not to be shown at any point of time.
is it possible....

Dave Peterson

how to hide a worksheet

If you really have information on that last sheet that should never be shown,
then excel isn't the application for you.

Workbook protection (to allow users to hide and unhide sheets) is easily broken.