-   -   excel formula help Please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175432-excel-formula-help-please.html)

David franklin

excel formula help Please

I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks

David franklin

excel formula help Please

Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 49" 0r more then I want to add 6"
to the cell. if the cell is 48" or less then I want to add 3" to cell

"David franklin" wrote:

I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks

Tyro[_2_]

excel formula help Please

You cannot change a cell in Excel with a formula in the cell. You can
however change another cell with a formula based on a cell. For example, if
the value in cell A1 is a 6, put a 3 in cell B1. But you cannot change cell
A1 to be 3 if cell A1 is a 6. That is called a circular reference. It's like
saying: I have a formula, and if the formula produces the answer 6, replace
the formula with the value 3. The formula is gone.

Tyro

"David franklin" wrote in message
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of
what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if
cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I
am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks

David franklin

excel formula help Please

Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3" to
the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I want
to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number in
a different cell (D15) I want the answer

"Tyro" wrote:

[...]

Mike Rogers[_2_]

excel formula help Please

David

If your data is in Column A Starting with A1, in B1 put
"=IF(A1=49,A1+6,A1+3)"
without quotes.

Mike Rogers

"David franklin" wrote:

I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks

David franklin

excel formula help Please

Thank You