-   -   REFERENCE CELL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175326-reference-cell.html)

John

REFERENCE CELL

I have this ='Travel Task 2'!H20 and I am getting #Ref - despite the fact
that H20 is the correct cell. Please help. Thanks
--
JOHN

David Biddulph[_2_]

REFERENCE CELL

Are you sure that in that same workbook you have a sheet named Travel Task
2?
If you are still struggling, insert the formula again by typing the = sign
then going to your Travel Task 2 sheet and clicking in cell H20, then accept
the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"JOHN" wrote in message
I have this ='Travel Task 2'!H20 and I am getting #Ref - despite the fact
that H20 is the correct cell. Please help. Thanks
--
JOHN

Dave Peterson

REFERENCE CELL

I'd bet you made a typo. Maybe an extra space (leading/trailing or embedded)??

Try selecting H20 on that "sending" sheet
Edit|copy
go to the "receiving" cell
edit|past special|paste link

And check out the formula that excel builds.

You could also accomplish the same thing by typing the equal sign, then
navigating to that cell, selecting it and hitting enter.

JOHN wrote:

I have this ='Travel Task 2'!H20 and I am getting #Ref - despite the fact
that H20 is the correct cell. Please help. Thanks
--
JOHN

--

Dave Peterson

Earl Kiosterud

REFERENCE CELL

John,

How about the sheet name? If it's even slightly misspelled, you'll get this error. Try
rebuilding the formula, either as a formula (type =, go click H20 in the other sheet, and
press Enter), or as a copy from H20 and a paste-link into your original cell.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com