-   -   is it possible to set popup reminders in a excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175223-possible-set-popup-reminders-excel-worksheet.html)

Ed

is it possible to set popup reminders in a excel worksheet

Gord Dibben

is it possible to set popup reminders in a excel worksheet

Yes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Matt Richardson

On 1 Feb, 17:09, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Yes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:33:01 -0800, ed wrote:

How do you want the popup reminders to function exactly? Do you want
them to pop up when the workbook is opened, or following a particular
event, such as entering data into a specific cell. Please give us
more details so that we can help.

Regards,
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com

tmdrake

is it possible to set popup reminders in a excel worksheet

Hopefully, this is not off topic. Here is my scenerio:

have a excel spreadsheet that contains the date a request is received and
the date the request is due to the customers. How do I create a popup that
alerts the user three days prior to the due date, which request are due? I
will need for the popup to activate everytime the spreadsheet is opened.

Thanks you much

--
tmdrake

"Matt Richardson" wrote:

On 1 Feb, 17:09, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Yes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:33:01 -0800, ed wrote:

How do you want the popup reminders to function exactly? Do you want
them to pop up when the workbook is opened, or following a particular
event, such as entering data into a specific cell. Please give us
more details so that we can help.

Regards,
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com

[email protected]

On Friday, February 1, 2008 9:09:59 PM UTC+4, Gord Dibben wrote:
Yes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:33:01 -0800, ed wrote:

Sir,

I want to creat a popup reminder when we open worksheet, like every wednesday & thursday like " report to be sent urgently", u can specify cell A1 or any for values

pls reply

Gord Dibben[_2_]

is it possible to set popup reminders in a excel worksheet

Add this to Thisworkbook module if you mean when you open workBOOK.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Weekday(Now) = 4 Or Weekday(Now) = 5 Then
MsgBox "send report immediately"

If you really meant workSHEET then ignore above and add this to
worksheet module.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
If Weekday(Now) = 4 Or Weekday(Now) = 5 Then
MsgBox "send report immediately"

Gord