-   -   Stacked Columns (two separate companies, 3 time periods) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175040-stacked-columns-two-separate-companies-3-time-periods.html)

al

Stacked Columns (two separate companies, 3 time periods)

I am trying to build a stacked column chart representing income, expense, and
profit for two separate companies, x & y, during three time periods
(1996-1998, 1998-2001, 2001-2005) If successful, the chart will have two
columns in each of the time periods. I have been able to create the two
columns in three time periods, but Excel will not let me enter or change data
for company x in all three time periods or enter/change with both companies
in a single time period?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this problem.
--
al

Andy Pope

Stacked Columns (two separate companies, 3 time periods)

Hi,

have a look here for details on how to create a clustered stacked chart
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Cheers
Andy
--