-   -   Excel clip board inconsistent behavior (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175025-excel-clip-board-inconsistent-behavior.html)

Bas V

Excel clip board inconsistent behavior

The Excel 2007 clipboard (under Win XP Pro SP2 - 32 bit) continues to annoy:
1.
I get "cannot empty the clipboard" errors constantly. The only solution is
to end the rdpclip.exe process with the taskmanager. When is MS going to fix
this?
2.
Pressing control C does not consistently do the same thing. Sometimes it
puts cell ranges into the clipboard, which is the desired behavior. Then you
can paste values, formulas, or the cell contents to a new range. Other times
it does not do this - instead it makes a "picture" of the selected cells. If
you just selected 1000000 cells, this can take an EXTREMELY long time - there
is no way to abort except to force the application to quit. There does not
appear to be a way to control this and it is completely unpredictable.

I have the Excel clipboard options all unchecked, except for "collect
without showing office clipboard." Other posts suggested this but it has not
helped.
--
Bas V