-   -   Filter option. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17489-filter-option.html)

vishu

Filter option.

I have some text in different cell with different background color.
I want to see the cells which has common background color.
Is there any filter option in excel to those cells.

Bob Phillips

No, not yet (it's on Ron's EasyFilter to do list).

Add a helper column and a UDF. The UDF would be

Function ColorIndex(rng As Range)
ColorIndex = rng.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

add this i the helper column

=ColorIndex(A1) and copy down

Then filter on the helper column

If you don't want to remember the colour index codes, use something like

=ColorIndex(A1) = ColorIndex($A$1)

where the second part refers to the cell colour you wish to test. This will
return True or False for all cells, and filter on that instead.

--

HTH

RP

"vishu" wrote in message
I have some text in different cell with different background color.
I want to see the cells which has common background color.
Is there any filter option in excel to those cells.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Bob

No, not yet (it's on Ron's EasyFilter to do list).

This is the first thing I add to the Add-in Bob

Seems to be a hot item

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl