-   -   How do I set up a hyperlink to a word in a paragraph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174829-how-do-i-set-up-hyperlink-word-paragraph.html)

Carlos Valdez

How do I set up a hyperlink to a word in a paragraph?

I wanto to hyperlink only a word in a paragraph. This paragraph is inside a
cell. I do not want to hyperlink the whole cell because I need to hyperlink
only a word. Example,
THE FENCE POST CREW PLACED 8 CY CLASS B, MIX C5321(JOBE). A REVIEW OF THE
TICKET FOR THIS LOAD INDICATED THAT THE COURSE AGGREGATE ACTUAL WEIGHT
EXCEEDED ALLOWABLE BATCH TOLERANCE SEE #0018- A1 FENCE.

I would like to hyperlink only the word "see"

Thank you

Gary''s Student

How do I set up a hyperlink to a word in a paragraph?

I don't think it is possible in Excel
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"Carlos Valdez" wrote:

I wanto to hyperlink only a word in a paragraph. This paragraph is inside a
cell. I do not want to hyperlink the whole cell because I need to hyperlink
only a word. Example,
THE FENCE POST CREW PLACED 8 CY CLASS B, MIX C5321(JOBE). A REVIEW OF THE
TICKET FOR THIS LOAD INDICATED THAT THE COURSE AGGREGATE ACTUAL WEIGHT
EXCEEDED ALLOWABLE BATCH TOLERANCE SEE #0018- A1 FENCE.

I would like to hyperlink only the word "see"

Thank you

Bob I

How do I set up a hyperlink to a word in a paragraph?

No, the hyperlink applies to the entire cell. BUT, you can select the
text in the "formula box" and change the FONT formatting so that ONLY
the "SEE" is "Blue and Underlined" and the rest of the text is "normal.

Carlos Valdez wrote:

I wanto to hyperlink only a word in a paragraph. This paragraph is inside a
cell. I do not want to hyperlink the whole cell because I need to hyperlink
only a word. Example,
THE FENCE POST CREW PLACED 8 CY CLASS B, MIX C5321(JOBE). A REVIEW OF THE
TICKET FOR THIS LOAD INDICATED THAT THE COURSE AGGREGATE ACTUAL WEIGHT
EXCEEDED ALLOWABLE BATCH TOLERANCE SEE #0018- A1 FENCE.

I would like to hyperlink only the word "see"

Thank you

Dave Peterson

How do I set up a hyperlink to a word in a paragraph?

Maybe you could cheat. You could put a rectangle from the drawing toolbar over
that word (hide the borders!) and if the cell is a value (not a formula), then
you could format that word to look like hyperlink.