-   -   Keep custom format in new worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17480-keep-custom-format-new-worksheet.html)

Buddy

Keep custom format in new worksheet

Hi all,

I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom
format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format
still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is
lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that
I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks.

Buddy

Ron de Bruin

Hi Buddy

You can save a empty workbook as a template with this format and name it "Book" (no quotes)
you must save it in your xlstart folder

You can find it here in Excel 2003
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART

Every new workbook you open now have this format

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Buddy" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom
format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format
still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is
lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that
I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks.

Buddy

Buddy

Thank you so much, I can do it now.

"Ron de Bruin" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D