-   -   Creating frequency lists in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174695-creating-frequency-lists-excel.html)

[email protected]

Creating frequency lists in Excel

If I have a column of different variables, how do I tell Excel to give
me a list of what variables are in that column and their frequency?

Laura

Gary''s Student

Creating frequency lists in Excel

Excel has a feature to perform this - Pivot Table

Say column A has data like:

Animals
cat
cat
dog
dog
dog
mouse
mouse
..
..
..

A Pivot table can list each animal and how often it appears in the column.
See:

Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c