-   -   Pivot Table with Data replace error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174426-pivot-table-data-replace-error.html)

Vinod[_2_]

Pivot Table with Data replace error

I have a template with pivot table (without VBA code).

I am getting a message after downloading data from application to my
template with "Yes" "No" buttons. If I click on "Yes" its working fine. The
message dialog prompts with the following meesage.

"Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells in Pivot
tabel1? "

My requirement is I don't want to get this type of messages, for this what
needs to be done (without VBA code).

Advanced Thanks,
Vinod

Jim Thomlinson

Pivot Table with Data replace error

The reason that you are getting that message is that you must have text or
formulas somewhere in the sheet you are putting the pivot tabel on. The pivot
table is going to overwrite that text or formulas so it is confirming that
you are ok with that. To avoid that problem do not have any text or formulas
below or to the right of your pivot table. That way there is nothing for the
pivot table to overwrite...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson