-   -   How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174360-how-do-you-remove-workbook-document-password-excel-2007-a.html)

MED

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that protection to
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the password and
change options.

Tyro[_2_]

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

You say "In Excel 2003 you could ......" That implies you're not using
Excel 2003. What version are you using?

Tyro

"MED" wrote in message
My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that protection to
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the password
and
change options.

RagDyeR

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

Did you read the subject line?<vbg

RD

"MED" wrote in message
My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that protection to
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the password
and
change options.

RobN[_2_]

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

With file opened, click Save As, click Tools (bottom left of SaveAs dialog)
then click General.

Rob

"MED" wrote in message
My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that protection
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the
password and
change options.

MED

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

Thank you, but those functions are not in excel 2007? Thnat is my problem.

"MED" wrote in message
My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that protection
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the
password and
change options.

Mike Middleton

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

MED -

In my Excel 2007, Office Button | Save As | Tools | General Options |
Passwords ... allows me to delete a password.

- Mike

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Did you read the subject line?<vbg

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

"MED" wrote in message
My workbook is password protected and I no longer need that
protection
open it. In EXCEL 2003 you could just go to file and type in the
password and
change options.

RobN[_2_]

How do you remove the workbook/document password in EXCEL 2007

MED,

They are in mine!

Rob