-   -   Excel populating other worksheets in same worlbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174295-excel-populating-other-worksheets-same-worlbook.html)

Dave

Excel populating other worksheets in same worlbook

Help! All of a sudden (didn't see it until today) about three months ago
when I'd enter data into any of several worksheets in a workbook, other
worksheets in the same workbook would get populated with the same data.

The data would get populated in the same cells on the other sheets as where
the original data was placed, and it overwrites any data in the same location
on the other worksheets.

I can find no macros which might be doing this, and I use the findlink
utility to see if I can find any links among the worksheet, and can't find
any.

There is probably some simple solution to this, but I'm not an expert with
Excel, and it is not obvious to me.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Kevin B

Excel populating other worksheets in same worlbook

Look at the sheet tabs and see if there are more than one selected, or check
the title bar and see [Group] appears to the right of the file name. If
there is, you've been operating in group mode. Which is really handy if
you're creating a workbook with multiple sheets that require the same
heading, formulas & formatting.

If you are in group mode, right click on a selected sheet tab and select
UNGROUP SHEETS.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Dave" wrote:

Help! All of a sudden (didn't see it until today) about three months ago
when I'd enter data into any of several worksheets in a workbook, other
worksheets in the same workbook would get populated with the same data.

The data would get populated in the same cells on the other sheets as where
the original data was placed, and it overwrites any data in the same location
on the other worksheets.

I can find no macros which might be doing this, and I use the findlink
utility to see if I can find any links among the worksheet, and can't find
any.

There is probably some simple solution to this, but I'm not an expert with
Excel, and it is not obvious to me.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Dave

Excel populating other worksheets in same worlbook

Thanks for the tip, Kevin. I checked as you suggested, there was only one
sheet selected, I didn't see "Group" to the right of the filename. But I
selected all sheets, then selected Ungroup Sheets. So now, all sheets should
be ungrouped, right? Since the option to ungroup sheets appeared, does that
mean Excel saw some sheet grouping?

Thanks for your tip. I'll check to see if that resolved my issue.

"Dave" wrote:

Help! All of a sudden (didn't see it until today) about three months ago
when I'd enter data into any of several worksheets in a workbook, other
worksheets in the same workbook would get populated with the same data.

The data would get populated in the same cells on the other sheets as where
the original data was placed, and it overwrites any data in the same location
on the other worksheets.

I can find no macros which might be doing this, and I use the findlink
utility to see if I can find any links among the worksheet, and can't find
any.

There is probably some simple solution to this, but I'm not an expert with
Excel, and it is not obvious to me.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Excel populating other worksheets in same worlbook

It will have detected grouping of the sheets after you selected all the
sheets.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave" wrote:

[...]

Yeah, after I asked that question, I did some experimenting and found that
was the case. Thanks.