-   -   Converting total number of hours (24 hours) into days (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174246-converting-total-number-hours-24-hours-into-days.html)

MV Rao

Converting total number of hours (24 hours) into days

I have a series of cells containing time spent. When I sum them up, it is 24
hours. When I format the cell with [h]:mm, I can see the total correctly. But
I want to calculate number of days by dividing this hours by 8. How do I do
it?
--
MV Rao, VP

Niek Otten

Converting total number of hours (24 hours) into days

To get a whole number as number of hours, multiply by 24
So for workdays, divide by 8 and multiply by 24
Times in Excel are stored as fractions of a day

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel