-   -   count tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174242-count-tabs.html)

alm09

count tabs

Is there a way to count the number of tabs in a worksheet?

Dave Peterson

count tabs

In code???

msgbox Activeworkbook.sheets.count

--

Dave Peterson

Mike H

count tabs

You could use this function. Al + F11 to open VB editor, right click this
workbook and insert module and paste this in.

Function sheetsinbook()
sheetsinbook = Worksheets.Count
End Function

this formula in a cell will return the number of worksheets.
=sheetsinbook()

Mike

"alm09" wrote:

Is there a way to count the number of tabs in a worksheet?

alm09

count tabs

I would rather use the formula but it is not working. I get a #NAME? error.
Is there an input (i.e. file name) in the parentheses or is to remain null?

"alm09" wrote:

Is there a way to count the number of tabs in a worksheet?

Mike H

count tabs

if its giving a name error then you haven't put the function it calls in the
correct place. Put the function in a module in your workbook.

You could use this function. Alt + F11 to open VB editor, right click this