-   -   data fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174198-data-fields.html)

GDF

data fields

I am importing a txt file with 168 fields. I only want (for example) fields
4, 10, 35, 100, 135 and 160. Can only these fields be imported into an excel
spreadsheet?

Dave Peterson

data fields

If you're using File|open to retrieve the data, you'll see that there's an
option on how each field should be treated.

One of those options is Skip.

Alternatively, you could import all the fields, then delete all the columns
except the ones you want.

--

Dave Peterson