-   -   Formula to Add cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174185-formula-add-cells.html)

Tojib

Formula to Add cells

I have a spreadsheet with values entered by category number (column A). I
can't think of a formula that would check column A for a value and if it is a
match add the values in the corresponding column B cells. Can anyone help me?
Is there a variation on the IF statement? Thanks.

PCLIVE

Formula to Add cells

One way:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"Criteria",B1:B100)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Tojib" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with values entered by category number (column A). I
can't think of a formula that would check column A for a value and if it
is a
match add the values in the corresponding column B cells. Can anyone help
me?
Is there a variation on the IF statement? Thanks.

Tojib

Formula to Add cells

Thank you, good solution.