-   -   Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174173-why-have-my-excel-columns-become-numbers-not-letters.html)

JoJoDunn

Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters?

I noticed this before when using Lotus notes but it's now happening in
Windows too. Any ideas? Thanks

JP[_4_]

Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters?

ToolsOptionsGeneral Tab, make sure "R1C1 reference style" is
unchecked.

HTH,
JP

On Jan 23, 3:20*pm, JoJoDunn
wrote:
I noticed this before when using Lotus notes but it's now happening in
Windows too. Any ideas? Thanks

Kevin B

Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters?

Click TOOL in the menu & select OPTIONS. In the dialog box click the GENERAL
tab and remove the check from the R1C1 REFERENCE STYLE check box.

Click OK to exit
--
Kevin Backmann

"JoJoDunn" wrote:

I noticed this before when using Lotus notes but it's now happening in
Windows too. Any ideas? Thanks

John Bundy

Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters?

Go to Tools, Options, select the General tab and uncheck the R1C1 reference
box.
--
-John
is helpful.

"JoJoDunn" wrote:

I noticed this before when using Lotus notes but it's now happening in
Windows too. Any ideas? Thanks

JoJoDunn

Why have my Excel columns become numbers not letters?

Thanks to all. Easy when you know how!