-   -   Drop down list based on choice of another dropdown (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174172-drop-down-list-based-choice-another-dropdown.html)

Amy

Drop down list based on choice of another dropdown

A1 has a list of 4 choices
AAA
BBB
CCC
DDD
Depending on which of these I choose, I want to have te ability to choose
from another list that is associated with my first choce. How can I do this?

FSt1

Drop down list based on choice of another dropdown

hi
if you are using data validations, see this site

or if you are using sheet combo box.

if combobox1.value = "choise1" then
combobox2.rowsource = range1
else
if combobox1.value = "choise2" then
combobox2.rowsource = range2
else
if combobox1.value = "choise3" then
cobobox2.rowsource = range3
end if
end if
end if
the above is pysudo code but the principle is sound.
range1 might be something like range("A1:A5") and so on

the above is good for form combo boxes.

regards
FSt1

"Amy" wrote:

A1 has a list of 4 choices
AAA
BBB
CCC
DDD
Depending on which of these I choose, I want to have te ability to choose
from another list that is associated with my first choce. How can I do this?

Gord Dibben

Drop down list based on choice of another dropdown

Dependent DV list instructions from Debra's site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP