-   -   CountA problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174129-counta-problem.html)

Jim[_5_]

CountA problem

I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D or
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

PCLIVE

CountA problem

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E3:E148<"d"),--(E3:E148<""))

HTH,
Paul

--

"Jim" wrote in message
I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D
or d
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

ShaneDevenshire

CountA problem

Hi,

Try =COUNTIF(E3:E148,"<E")

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jim" wrote:

I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D or
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

Gary''s Student

CountA problem

=COUNTA(E3:E143)-COUNTIF(E3:E143,"D")

will exclude both upper and lower case d
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"Jim" wrote:

I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D or
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

ShaneDevenshire

CountA problem

Change the E to a D, it handles both upper and lower case.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Try =COUNTIF(E3:E148,"<E")

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jim" wrote:

I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D or
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

PCLIVE

CountA problem

Your formula will count anything that is not "D". COUNTA was the original
formula which counts non-blanks. I assuming the OP wants to count all
non-blank cells that are NOT "E".

Either mine or Gary"s Student's suggestion should do the trick.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E3:E148<"d"),--(E3:E148<""))

=COUNTA(E3:E143)-COUNTIF(E3:E143,"D")

Regards,
Paul

--

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...
Change the E to a D, it handles both upper and lower case.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Try =COUNTIF(E3:E148,"<E")

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jim" wrote:

I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter
D or
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

Jim[_5_]

CountA problem

I really need to use COUNTA,
thanks for your help so far.
Jim

"Jim" wrote in message
I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D
or d
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

=COUNTA(E3:E148)

PCLIVE

CountA problem

You've been given a couple of suggestions that work, including one that uses
COUNTA. Did they not work? You may need to elaborate on what you're trying
to do.

Regards,
Paul

--

"Jim" wrote in message
I really need to use COUNTA,
thanks for your help so far.
Jim

"Jim" wrote in message
I am using the formula as shown below, but I want to exclude the letter D
or d
from the count, any ideas?
Thanks
Jim