-   -   Count feature (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17390-count-feature.html)

Kathy

Count feature

I have Excel 2000. I have blank cells and cells with text data (not
numbers). I want to count the number of cells in a range that have data in
them and to have the blank cells not be counted. What is the function for
this?

Thanks!
Kathy

Paul B

Kathy, use counta, like this, =COUNTA(A1:A10)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Kathy" wrote in message
I have Excel 2000. I have blank cells and cells with text data (not
numbers). I want to count the number of cells in a range that have data

in
them and to have the blank cells not be counted. What is the function for
this?

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy

Super! It worked wonderfully. Thank you!