-   -   evaluating text of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/173870-evaluating-text-cells.html)

[email protected]

evaluating text of cells

I'm trying to select certain cells base on availability.

eg.

on sheet 1 cell A1 has the text value "AgeLine (F)" the (F)
indicates it is available.

on sheet 2 I want a list of available items.

there are around 1000 cells on sheet 1 or which 150 are available.

any ideas on how to achieve the this list?

thanks
Glenn

David Biddulph[_2_]

evaluating text of cells

You could test for RIGHT(A1,3) being equal to "(F)".
--
David Biddulph